When you hear the word “serum,” it would usually pertain to those products you put on your face for clearer, glass-like skin. Kedma Philippines offers various skin and hair care products that will help achieve your beauty goals. For one thing, not only should we take care of our skin but also our hair. That is why there is such a thing as hair serums.
Hair serum: Putting the shine back to your hair
You might be familiar with serums that you usually put on your face to achieve poreless-looking, clearer skin. However, there is also such a thing as hair serums, which promises to keep your hair shinier and healthier-looking. So, what exactly does a hair serum do?
For starters, hair serum is a product that is silicone-based and works by coating your hair’s surface, making it look shinier, stronger, and smoother. At the same time, hair serums also help in reducing the occurrence of hair loss and lessens the risk of hair damage. Hair serum usually contains ingredients such as polysiloxane and dimethicone known for protecting the hair shaft from heat damage.
With so many hair serum products to choose from, it can be challenging to choose one that will suit your hair care needs. Ideally, a hair serum should lessen tangles and make your hair shinier and free from frizz. At the same time, hair serums help in protecting your hair against damage due to exposure to the sun and other harsh outdoor elements.
Finding the right serum product for your hair
There are a lot of hair serum products in the market. Different brands but all have one thing in common: these products promise to add shine and reduce dryness to your air. When looking for the perfect hair serum, make sure to consider your hair type as well. Here are other tips you need to remember in finding the right hair serum.
- Check the label. Aside from silicone, there are other ingredients that you need to take note of.
- For dry frizzy and dry hair – hair serum with rosewood, marula, or castor is more suitable for those with frizzy and dry hair.
- For dyed hair – hair serum with coconut oil and green tea extracts
- For those with split ends – hair serum with keratin component
- For thick and curly hair – hair serum with argan oil, jojoba, or marula
- For protection against harsh outdoor elements (sun exposure, pollution, etc.) – hair serum with jojoba or lavender oils
- For severely dry or damaged hair – cream-based hair serums
- Make sure to wash your hair first before applying hair serum. Otherwise, applying on unwashed can make your hair sticky, heavy, and look oily.
- Take it easy on applying hair serum, or else it will make your hair heavy and greasy.
- The best way to apply hair serum is on damp (not wet) hair, though you can also do it on dry hair. Apply a small amount of hair serum, blot it between your palms, and smooth it on your hair surface down to the tips.
These are some tips you need to remember when using hair serum. You might not get used to its feel when you apply it for the first time, but you’ll be eventually. The more you use it, the more likely your hair will look and feel better than ever.