Are you planning a holiday trip to Fish Creek, Wisconsin anytime soon? If so, here are some things that can make your vacation as fun and relaxing as possible.
Fish Creek is considered as Door County’s shopping town and is one of the best hotspots for recreation and dining. If you’re planning to visit the area for your next getaway, these tips should help you make the most out of your trip:
1. Find a quaint BnB
Skip the expensive hotels and opt for more charming condominium properties in the area. In this town, you can find BnBs with luxurious suites, top-notch amenities, and a connection with nature. Choosing to rent a condo or room for long-term stays can also save you money, especially if you are traveling with multiple people.
2. Go to the Peninsula State Park
One of the main attractions in Fish Creek is the Peninsula State Park, which separates Fish Creek and Ephraim. In this 3,776-acre park, you can enjoy a ton of different activities like:
- Biking along the Sunset Bike Route or off-road bike trails
- In-line skating along the park’s interior roads
- Watching Northern Sky Theater performances
- Camping with your friends and family
- Hiking the Eagle Trail for the Niagara Escarpment views
- Hiking the White Cedar Nature trail
- Bird watching at Weborg Point
- Golfing at the 18-hole golf course
- Touring the Eagle Bluff Lighthouse
- Engaging in water activities
- Fishing for smallmouths, rock bass, and trout
- Sightseeing and picknicking
3. Learn about the town’s history
Fish Creek has its own historical sites, such as the Henriette Hotel that was built in 1896 (now called White Gull Inn). Tourists can also see other old buildings such as the Whistling Swan casino and the shops along Founder’s Square.
4. Dine at the town’s many restaurants
Since Fish Creek is a tourist town, many restaurants cater to all sorts of cuisines. When touring here, you can enjoy wineries, fish boils, markets, and restaurants that offer some of the best food in the county. Notable eateries include the Cookery, Wild Tomato, Not Licked Yet Frozen Custard, Gibraltar Grill, English Inn, and Greenwood Supper Club.
5. Shop at a variety of stores
Fish Creek is called the shopping hub of the county for a reason. In this town, you can find rows and rows of locally-owned stores where you can shop to your heart’s content. Since these stores are owned and operated by locals, you are sure to find charming and unique items that you won’t find in the city. Stores sell a lot of different items such as local art, accessories, clothes, specialty food, wines, gifts, books, and many more.
6. Watch a movie at the drive-in
Fish Creek’s Skyway Drive-In is a homage to an era gone by. If you are feeling a little nostalgic, pop by the Skyway Drive-in and watch a movie while enjoying your favorite snacks. Don’t worry about bringing your own snacks; they have a snack bar that serves all your favorite concessionaire foods.
Despite being a small town, Fish Creek has a lot of great things and experiences to offer. If you’re planning a visit, don’t forget to include these tips in your travel plan.